As part of my day job, I read a lot of Analyst reports and they all seem to be talking about Mobile being the new Era of Computing. I’ve been trying to understand what that really means. Yes, I can recognize that we’ve had shifts between the centralized days of Main Frames, to the Client-Server Days of the PC, to the Server based days of the Web, and now we have this Mobile era. Is Mobile, Client-Server Web? Some companies do this, as they use HTML5 and Mobile Web apps, but I don’t think this is what we mean. So I am asking for your help, if Mobile is a truly a new era of computing, we should be able to address the following questions:
- How have you changed your computing habits?
- Has this changed how you and your customers interact?
- Has this changed your development practices?
- What do you see as the longest lasting change?
- What change were you expecting that has not occurred?